2006 (Bin Laden) • Bill Clinton • Chris Wallace


In 2006, after a critical heart procedure, Bill Clinton (the easy Democrat) is invited to FoxNews (the lion’s den of the Conservative voice) where Chris Wallace questions the former President on his role in dealing with, then at-large, Osama Bin Laden.  

FoxNews is the only major Conservative news network, while CNN, MSNBC, CNBC etc. compete for the Left, hence Democrats are used to 'kid-gloving' by the press. 

Clinton is a lamb in the lion’s den and performs the way a lamb does in presence of a lion. He triumphs by tempering his position with honesty, clarity and his hypnotic trademark smile and in the process, he reduces the lion to a domestic cat. 

Words – Tommy Peters

Snippets :- 

Clinton: Now if you want to criticize me for one thing, you can criticize me for this: after the Cole, I had battle plans drawn to go into Afghanistan, overthrow the Taliban and launch a full-scale attack search for bin Laden. But we needed basing rights in Uzbekistan -- which we got after 9/11. The CIA and the FBI refused to certify that bin Laden was responsible. While I was there, they refused to certify. So that meant I would have had to send a few hundred special forces in in helicopters, refuel at night. Even the 9/11 commission didn't do that. Now, the 9/11 commission was a political document, too. All I'm asking is, anybody that wants to say I didn't do enough, you read Richard Clarke's book ... 

Wallace: Do you think you did enough, sir?

Clinton: No, because I didn't get him, but at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, Dick Clark, who got demoted. So, you did FoxNews bidding on this show. You did your nice little conservative hit job on me ... 

Courtesy of FoxNewsSunday (used without permission)

(Advanced appreciation is rendered for materials used without express permission of copyright owners)
Flag Counter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan