Cannondale SV DH 4000

The SV4000 resting on a trail leading to Sungai Buloh


Cannondales are pretty rare in Malaysia and I believe this baby of mine is the only one in the region. Anyone out there with one, please prove me wrong. 


I married her in 1996 and it has been a wonderful 12 years . It is parked in my home with my other babies and as a tribute to Joe Montgomery, I have got little spotlights trained on them to admire the glossy fire-engine red in the hue.


In the mid-nineties, it set the standard for downhilling and 'active' suspension. Victories by Rockwell, Giove, Roman and Nabeshima helped hone the final output. I must say the single 48t Coda is not helpful uphill but clipped into the big DXs and some bible, I manage.

I am told Shimano developed its first generation XTR reverse shift RD for the production model. The RD is bomb proof after all this while with the Moto forks and Alps shock still germane amongst the new-fangled stuff churning out of Taiwan.

What I love is its job description, the immaculate paint work and of course, the limited production. Its amazing an old 45lb warrior, although a tad timid by contemporary standards, still turns heads.

Words - Tommy Peters
Flag Counter


Comments

  1. Dd!!! Yy here. Thank you for introducing me to your world of cycling. I think ur an amazing bicycle collector. U really treat them as ur babies. I will be waiting to see some more of your bicycles and cycling stories to be share here. Thank you for taking me to FRIM, really love my mountain biking experience with you there. Ur an fantastic mentor for a healthy lifestyle. Keep up with your momentum ya "D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yy, you are most welcome, besides this cyclist is trying hard to emulate your fitness regime. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cool bike of its day and well ahead of its time. Many people feel that the SV4000 was rushed into production because the UCI was threatening to ban it from competition claiming that it was an unfair advantage to everyone else. By putting it into production, in theory anyone could buy one and use it. Nice example!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022