The 'fruit' insignia



The way I demand form and function in the office I work and the home I stay, I ache the same aesthetics in the virtual digital platform I stand upon all day.

A poorly lit office with obtrusive partitions is unacceptable in this day and age simply because of the lack of productivity it engenders. Show me a well designed home that blends with the ambience and 'chi' and I will show you an 'emancipated' architect who embraced the whole project. Show me a wedding reception to remember and I will show you a 'colorful' wedding planner who controlled the many facets of the program right down to the bouquets.

Computers and smart-phones are no less environments and I demand a single entity who controls the many facets that comprise the environment. At this point my digital life is a mess. My machine is Dell, the OS is Microsoft and applications are piggy-backed from 6 other entities. My back-up is Lacie. My Spyware is McAfee to ward of hackers of who offer a myriad of Malware. My smart-phone is Nokia and the OS is Symbian upon which 5 different applications piggy-back. The browser is WinMob IE. In essence, I have about 20 entities cobbled together to assist me stand and falter on my virtual world.

Alex, an artist of sorts, is a point of reference. An insignia of a fruit dominates his computing world. His studio is adorned with the MacPro, G5 and G4 towers that comprise the backbone of his recording equipment. His living room finds the iMac and bits of iPod, Nano, Touch and Shuffle in between. His mobile is the iPhone, essentially a scaled down Mac with an intuitive virtual keypad where alphabets and numericals leap up like little seals trying to kiss your nose and did I mention that Time-Capsule backs up his world.

Point is, a single entity produced all his hardware, the operating systems and applications that support it. Like the ideal architect, it created definitive structures with common themes running within and like the ideal wedding planner, it took the phrase ‘sync in cloud’ to an unprecedented level.

End-result. One Malware-free entity runs his computing life. Twenty run mine with malicious Malware.

Tommy Peters - August 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan