Don't laugh at my moustache


“Don’t laugh at my moustache” – an old Arabic proverb that means – I know more than you think I know.


He sat in the corner of an empty church and said it was a battle of mind over emotions and sought another angle, maybe intervention. I hazarded a guess and he opened up, but not before skirting the issue.


The 411 - A foreign-born lass, her lover and her Malaysian husband.


By her own admission, her sexuality was awakened in her adolescence by her father who continued lessons throughout her teenage years. On his front, only a sibling and a friend are aware of her early stages.


I asked him when did realization set in. He replied that he has a passion for analyzing body language and movie mistakes and that understanding her dialect (unknown to her) was certainly helpful, hence, he knew of her infidelity for a while, during which time he hoped for honesty while analyzing the deceit. Besides he added, the local community was small enough for information to filter through at an early stage.


I showed him a voluminous document. It was a petition, a joint effort of the various religious groups in Malaysia that contained data relevant to the issue. It detailed testimonials of those affected by lasses of her genre who caused upheaval within families. I showed him facts and asked his opinion. He said he was getting the picture and the lass is indeed in the frame, just the details differed.


From the religious angle, I proposed prayer but admitted that save for rationale and common sense, I did not have the knack to debate belief. I asked him for his take. He said the actions of his wife was not as serious as the damage to her family. He had to reconcile his actions with her family, not to mention his own. In essence, his guilt had to be expunged through the whole shebang.


His wife whom he loves dearly had evolved into a 'vehicle' - a test-drive if you will. He added that while he deals with the issue of (her) guilt, he shields her from disparagement by friends who see her in a similar frame.


October 12th 2008

***********************************************************************

Paraphrasing Chris Walken in Man On Fire, he said in an equally chilling monologue 'I'm an artist Tom, and I intend to paint a masterpiece'


Later I had the opportunity to dine with him and the main ingredient of his impending 'work'. I believe the beautiful but diabolical matrix will be destroyed in a painless but spectacular fashion but not before I jack into the very grid that he will lose forever.


Despite his strength of soul and habitual presence of mind, he is prey to an uneasiness he cannot conceal. He is seen in an empty church seemingly in prayer but still it betrays his depression.


Reference to Walken is chilling, when I am reminded of the Englishman in the 70s, who dismembered his African-born wife into several parts.


November 18th 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022