Screenshot: PC vs Mac - an OSX teaser


Someone asked me if I knew how to take screenshot on a Windows PC without an external application. Being a Mac user, I was baffled but I knew it was somewhere in there.


I applied the following steps which involved Paint, although not regarded as ‘external’ but rather a ‘bundled’ Windows application.


First I opened a screen and pushed Prnt Scn/SysRq. This action takes the shot of the screen and stores it in RAM but without a click or some sort of confirmation, you wonder if the picture was indeed taken.


Then I pushed Start, Programs and Accessories. In Accessories I pushed Paint.


In Paint, I pushed Edit and then Paste and the picture showed up. Then I pushed File and Save but I was not done yet.


I picked Desktop to save the image, named the picture accordingly and for ‘type’ I tossed between jpg and png. I chose png then pushed Save and I was done. The image showed up on desktop.


To take a screenshot on a Mac, I held Command - Shift and pushed 3 and the png image showed up on desktop.


Cheers, Tommy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022