Kerk's Lens




Thomas B.L. Kerk is described here as a ‘corporate lawyer’ and ‘art connoisseur’ and an ‘idealist’ in this brief. I refuse to dim the focus. I simply know him as a friend who brings humanity to the door; everything else about him is commentary.

He arrives with the simplest of objectives. On the eve of Christmas, he prematurely exited a function and graced my home with 4 pints and a thumb drive. The unconventional gift bore images of people, consensual, honest and real as there are.

Quite unlike those who foist self-serving imagery and travelogues, Kerk transports the human spirit. He deftly sets aside the messenger and highlights the message.

I thought I share a little teaser, mindful the limits of the visual do not bear out the depth of the lens; Kerk’s Lens, as the commentary is aptly titled.

Audio: To The One Who Knows (Yanni) ©

Comments

  1. His pictures capture people. I am just the opposite. My pictures captures everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, having seen your clips, I have this to say. While Kerk transports the human spirit, you highlight nature. In the process, you underscore the result if its abused. I am looking forward to a sidebar on your blog highlighting this angle, if not your photography skills. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very intriguing pictures. You can learn the ups and downs of people's life through the lens. There is one image that I really like - a boy squatting and holding a bowl. Looks like a beggar kid (I'm not sure), but he's laughing --> A concept of happiness in the eye of a kid. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its weird but interesting to know other people lifestyle...maybe Im speechless now....=== Its great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022