My Bicycles



The slides depict some of them and I am especially proud of the Cannondales. I purchased the (black) SV3000 in 1994 and the (red) SV4000 in 1996. As a tribute to Joe Montgomery (if you are reading this), they are stacked on Minouras and glow in the dark with little spotlights trained on them.


“Joe, both Cannondales are still regular on the trails though the single cranked Rockwell replica is not helpful uphill, but clipped on the DX, I manage”

The DeltaV and FoxR are great on the SV3 and I have no complaints on the Moto 120 and Alps 4r on the SV4. My sin with the SV3 is that I upgraded to the 2nd generation XTR. The 1st generation is still with me though and I intend to revert to convention before some die-hard takes me to task.

Elaine Wong Kar Yan, a marathoner/triathlete from Hong Kong, figured free-riding the SV3 into her stamina-building program. Inverting the stem and sawing off a replacement seat post, the 'V' accommodates her inseam. The petite athlete competes 4 to 5 events a year. Monotonous as such training can be, free-riding the South-East Asian trails offers diversity, Kar Yan says. She loves the SV3 like a classic Ferrari, the little details Joe put in, the streering shock and the prominent banana for example, but mainly because the thing is still relevant in the XC discipline.

What I love about the SV4 is the immaculate paint job and its limited production. It is just amazing the old warrior, although timid by contemporary standards, still turns heads.

Cheers, Tommy
Video tools :- iMac, iPhoto, iTunes, One Robot's Dream (Joe Satriani) ©

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Stabilization Fund, explained • Eric deCarbonnel

Music Industry Exposed • ©2010 FarhanKhan

The Sabah - Sulu timeline: 1405 to 2022